My Name is Tuesday, and these are my 10 Things.
10 Things that caused me to thank my God in the last week
1) Finding the bag that had our phone chargers in it after thinking that I had left it seven hours away in a remote cabin on the northern coast of Maine. I *had* packed it, I *wasn’t* losing my mind, it *was* there the whole time.
2) Being able to board a sailboat for the first time in front of well-seasoned sailors *without* falling overboard, tearing the sails, sinking it or otherwise ruining the experience for all. I did manage to somehow break the ramp down to the dock – but that’s another story.
3) Coffee. Free, complimentary coffee in the hotel room – my favorite kind.
4) Seeing my husband surrounded by his peers and thinking – “Wow- he picked me. He picked ME out of all these people… Thank you, Father… that one’s *Mine*!”
5) Getting the chance to talk to my mom and brother on the phone.
6) None of our plants perished while we were away…
7) Showering, and not just any old ‘I do this every morning and it’s no big deal’ shower – but a shower after having *not* showered, when one is caked with ocean salt and sweat and the residue of various sea creatures. It’s miraculous.
8) I borrowed a bike at the hotel, procured a map and proceeded to bike my way
– alone –
into the tourist-thick midsts of Boothbay Harbor, 2 miles away up hill and down dale. Without dying. Or getting terribly Lost. Or getting abducted. Or falling into the sea. Or losing strength and fainting along the way.
9) Being surrounded by the love of my inlaws.
10) Every morning for the past week I’ve been able to have long devotion hours outside by the sea. Alex and I have spent several hours just reading the Bible and talking about it in between naps and walks and kisses – what a blessing – what a treasure. We had time.
TIME – it’s a gift, people. Be Thankful.
What has got your heart singing its thanksgiving song this week?