According to the National Weather Service, we are in the path of Hurricane Sandy (whom we affectionately call “Frankenstorm”).
If you are reading this, and it is Tuesday, I may be clinging to a bent-over tree in the backyard surrounded by flood waters.
Here are Ten Other Things I Might Be Doing During The Hurricane
1) Eating the remains of our ‘hurricane stash’ of Kashi cereal (just because it’s an emergency doesn’t mean we need to eat crappy stuff – I stocked up last week)
2) Rafting down Otter Creek on my Volvo accompanied by my handsome hubby and a banjo
3) Using the hurricane force winds to parasail my way West
4) Seeking higher ground
5) Cooking bear meat over a fire I made in the street wearing skins and dreadlocks because I’ve gone a day without a hot shower
6) Digging a community latrine in the backyard (because there’s no water)
7) Finally using that gorgeous hurricane lamp Mr. Brown gave us for a wedding present
8) Lighting All The Candles and eating the emergency chocolate reserves
9) Playing air guitar on our silent electric guitar