And I was clever enough to figure that out….
Aren’t you impressed?
10 Invaluable Kitchen Things My Mother Taught Me
1) Hot pan, cool oil – food won’t stick.
2) Don’t let your man leave home hungry.
3) Buy meat on sale – even if you don’t really need it *this* week – it will be worth it when you do. Stick it in the freezer.
4) Have a stash. Keep your cupboards well stocked and you’ll always have what you need when you need it.
5) How to Make a Roux.
6) How to make granola.
7) How to be bold and daring and creative in the kitchen – keep things interesting.
8) How to make good biscuits
9) How to use my senses rather than a recipe.
10) My mother taught me to love my kitchen, to make it ‘My Space’, a workable, comfortable, joyful place for everyone to be – the real Heart of the Home.