I was reading a post from Niki over at Meet Your Treat where she talked a little about the anonymity of blogging, and how it can be hard to give people a good sense of who you are, walking the fine line between ‘sharing’ and ‘babbling’. She then shared a few photos of objects from her life and told a little bit about them. Brilliant!
SO – here’s my big idea.
Let’s do a link-up of 10 Things lists. If you read this blog, and would like to get a little piece of who you are out there, you are welcome to join me and share a list of 10 Things – any things, that says something about you that may be hard to convey in a more structured venue. If you have a blog of your own – post something and comment below, leave the link to your site and I promise we will pack up our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and head over to visit. Don’t have a blog? List your things in the comments, and we’ll have an ‘in-house’ showing. I know a couple of you have already done posts like this and if you want to include your ‘old’ Things List – go ahead, but I think it would be pretty awesome if you came up with something new ‘on the fly’.
Who’s with me? Anybody? Am I going to post my 10 Things alone?
We’re bloggers, and readers of blogs – we’re a community of people, let’s communitize. (I don’t think that’s a word, but I’m going to use it anyway.)
Here’s My New List of Ten Things
10 Weird Things That Changed My Life
1) Coconut oil. I am a total frizz-head and have exceedingly dry skin. I found coconut oil and it works wonders on my wild, child-eating hair and scaly skin. (I sound a little bit like a Marvel comic monster there, don’t I?)
2) Florence and the Machine’s “Dog Days are Over”. That song gives me goosebumps – every time.
3) Realizing that Mr. Darcy isn’t a real person. Never was. Never will be. The End.
4) The moment I realized how to count back change.
5) Taking a course on folk weather predicting in High School – I barely look at the weather forecast now.
6) Almond Milk. Amen.
7) Aiding my little milk goat while she was giving birth to her first kid when I was 17.
8) Pad Tai
9) My first Kiss. I know that doesn’t seem all that weird now, but don’t you remember *your* first kiss? It was a little weird, right? Yeah. My husband still teases me about it…
10) Probably the first time I ever made a list and realized that *this* was the way I would structure my entire life from there on out. Listing.
I’m a big list person.
There you go – my ten things. What about you? What are your ten favorite books? Top ten movies? Ten songs you absolutely can’t stand? Ten pictures from your house? Ten places you want to visit? Ten things you’d never do? Have at it, I can’t wait to hear…